The following article is an excerpt from http://www.charlespoliquin.com
Prevent cancer and lose weight by detoxifying estrogen from the body. High estrogen levels and problems eliminating it are well known to result in prostate and breast cancer. Estrogen is a problem for men as well as women due to multiple factors, especially the huge amounts of chemical estrogens we are exposed to in our daily lives. Did you know that there are chemical estrogens in plastic bottles, cosmetics, shampoo and personal care products, oil-based coatings, pesticides, and animal hormones?
That’s right, but the ills ofestrogen on the body don’t just come from the environment. The ineffective way we metabolize estrogen is directly linked to prostate and breast cancer risk. It also produces poor body composition and inhibits weight loss.
According to functional medicine expert Dr. Bob Rakowski, living on earth is a risk for toxic estrogen exposure. As human, we are swimming in a sea of estrogens.Too much estrogen affects men and women, and this article is focused on what men need to know and what they can do to minimize the health effects and risks that come from too much estrogen. But, women can benefit as well, especially since women are exposed to the same chemical estrogens as men, and in general, our bodies metabolize estrogen the same way, regardless of gender. Exposure to chemical estrogens is a big issue for children too, making this a major health issue for any parent.
Studies show that genetics and obesity contribute to about 30 percent of the cancers that affect the sex organs (breast, prostate, ovarian), but the cause of the remaining 70 percent is still unclear. It is likely due to chemical estrogen exposure and problems with metabolism due to diet and a sedentary lifestyle. The solution is to live a lifestyle that both detoxifies and minimizes exposure to chemical estrogens. This article will tell you why and how you can do this by changing your lifestyle in the following ten ways: